Translate

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Dreams

I've not been around much lately, in fact I've had so much on my mind I haven't felt very creative at all, so hence no posts for a while (why on earth did Vernon Dursley come into my mind 'no post on Sunday's' - odd.)

I had some holiday time last week and after a really slow and painful January in retail it was very much needed. I spent part of the holiday tripping down to old London town to see my best friend Bob, we got to go to the Harry Potter Warner Brothers Studio Tour and I could have spent an absolute fortune but I held back and returned with a lovely little Crookshanks fluffy toy of Hermionie's cat to add to my expanding cat collection.

The time away from Blackpool definitely did me the world of good, I returned feeling fresher and in a better mood with Daniel (we live together and see each other so much its nice to get out of each others pockets - I feel like I can be annoying sometimes and whenever I return from a trip he's always overly happy to see me. It's nice to remind yourself that you do miss your other half when you go away). It was also brilliant to see Bob as always, we live so far apart now from living so close once upon a time and we really do cherish the time we have together, however short it may be. We're not as young as we once were and we both get pretty tired trying to keep up with young souls.

Coming back to Blackpool was a real knock in the teeth. There's nothing to keep me here apart from a couple of things: my mum, Dan's family and the odd couple of friends. Thing is, Daniel and I would move straight down to London at the drop of a hat if it weren't for having a mortgaged property, two cats that would panic at the move and probably wouldn't be allowed in a rented property and the fact that it might be hard to find a job. Sometimes I think we might be stuck in Blackpool forever, living the same mundane life with the same mundane jobs. Things is, I'm not miserable, I have Daniel and he's the thing I look forward to at the end of each day and vice versa, I have my two little baby kitties and a really financially comfortable job.

I just feel like sometimes Daniel and I deserve something a bit more exciting, we could easily settle into the trap of marriage then kids then old age like everyone seems to do when they give up their dreams but we want so much more than that. We're both motivated (when the mood strikes), ambitious and have heads full, of crazy and wonderful ideas, I think we just need to start making dreams reality.

I made a little step forward with my dreams, I started writing reviews and articles for AltBlackpool so at least my writing is getting out of there in some form or another, hopefully it will be a nice little feather in my cap come the time I might want to go for something, possibly, in journalism. I've written two pieces so far but hopefully with the more reviews I do, the more doors might start to open for me.

I think that pursuing dreams is a tricky thing, they're something that will come to you in the right moment at exactly the right time. Some people are lucky and they get their chance straight away, others they have to wait a long time and then suddenly it (whatever it may be) appears. I don't think fulfilling your dreams will be an instant gratification sort of thing, more something you have to work at and maintain, for example, I want to be an author more than anything in this world but if I got published I would have to continue to work at it and keep myself motivated so that I can hold on to my dream.

You'll get knocked no matter how hard you try, there will always be someone shaking their head and rolling their eyes thinking 'yeah right, you're stuck in that life you made for yourself' but ignore them, in fact why are you even listening to them in the first place, they're not important. For heavens sake always, always chase your dreams and make sure that one day you don't look back in regret and wish you'd stuck to your guns.


No comments:

Post a Comment